Welcome to the summit resource page.
Here you'll find contact information for each of the speakers, plus the resources mentioned by the speakers during their talks as well as a bunch of body positive, fat acceptance goodies for your exploring.
The resources at the bottom are by NO MEANS exhaustive. If you'd like to check out other amazing resource lists head to Jes Baker's and Fattitude's.
Stay in touch with Dawn Serra
Stay in touch with the speakers
Fattitude the Movie
Melissa A. Fabello
Want a downloadable version of the resources listed below?
The PDF version has most of what you see below. The website will be updated and added to with more frequency, but the majority of the juicy stuff you see below is in the document, as well. Grab it here.
Books you might want to check out
- "Against Health: How Health Became the New Morality" by Jonathan Metzi and Anna Kirkland
- "Big Big Love: A Sex and Relationships Guide for People of Size (and Those Who Love Them)" by Hanne Blank
- "The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma" by Bessel van der Kolk
- "Body Kindness: Transform Your Health from the Inside Out--and Never Say Diet Again" by Rebecca Scritchfield
- "Body Love: A Fat Activism Colouring Book" by Allison Tunis
- "Curvy Girl Sex: 101 Body-Positive Positions to Empower Your Sex Life" by Elle Chase
- "Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead" by Brené Brown
- "Fat Activism" by Charlotte Cooper
- "Fat Girl" by Carlos Batts
- "FAT!SO? : Because You Don't Have to Apologize for Your Size" by Marilyn Wann
- "The Fat Studies Reader " by Esther Rothblum and Sondra Solovway
- "Healing Sex: A Mind-Body Approach to Healing Sexual Trauma" by Staci Haines
- "Hot & Heavy: Fierce Fat Girls on Life, Love & Fashion" by Virgie Tovar
- "Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body" by Roxanne Gay
- "I Do It with the Lights On: And 10 More Discoveries on the Road to a Blissfully Shame-Free Life" Whitney Way Thore
- "Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works" by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch
- "The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food" by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch
- "The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions" by Christopher Germer
- "#NSFW Totally Curvy Coloring Book" by Alex Kotkin and Elle Chase
- "Secrets From the Eating Lab: The Science of Weight Loss, the Myth of Willpower, and Why You Should Never Diet Again" by Traci Mann
- "Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself" Kristin Neff
- "Shrill" by Lindy West
- "Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls: A Handbook for Unapologetic Living" Jes Baker
Instagrammers I love (flood your feeds with these folks!)